Overview of the Renewable Energy Industry in Mexico and Energy Sourcing: Opportunities for Corporate Procurement in Mexico
DATE: 8 May, 2018Mexico has become one of the most attractive markets for renewable energy globally. As a result of the energy reform and the new law (LIE), the market has experienced significant and rapid change that will offer corporate buyers many incentives to procure renewable energy.
During this webinar we will cover key topics related to Mexico’s electricity sector, including:
• Results of the three long term CENACE tenders and expectations for this year’s fourth tender
• Challenges for renewable energy developers and investors
• Challenges and opportunities of the wholesale electricity market (MEM)
• Challenges for corporations that are obligated by law to purchase clean energy in 2018 and beyond
To assist with selecting the best procurement energy solution to meet the government requirement of 35% clean energy by 2024, Mario Pani from BayWa r.e. will discuss the overview of the current state of the market, including:
• How to evaluate the various contractual structures (i.e., self-supply, direct participation in the wholesale market, physical delivery PPAs, synthetic PPAs, short-long term contracts)
• The impact the country’s three energy auctions have had on the industry, and the potential impact of the upcoming presidential election
Whether you’re an energy executive seeking to find the right solution for your organization, or a supplier in Mexico, join for this expert webinar on Tuesday 8 May and gain a better understanding of the state of the market.
To register for this event